Wednesday, February 28, 2018

One breath

Right here, right now, take one slow in breath.
Slowly let that one breath out.

Just for this moment, let go of your mental list:
The shoulds,
could haves,
and if only.
Why don't I?
Why didn't they?
It's not enough.
It's all too much.
I'm overwhelmed.
I'm under acknowledged.
I'm unworthy.
I need.
They want.
Where should I start?
How can I stop?

Put down the stick you use to beat yourself up.
Lower the bar you never seem to meet.


Practice letting go.
(And trust me, it is a practice........)


See if in your breath you can find a tiny bit of space
just to be right here.
And have that be enough.


Because letting go of even a tiny bit of the mental clutter
is how you practice letting go of the other clutter in your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment